New Generations Service Exchange is a short term International exchange programme, lasting typically between 5 weeks and 3 months, the objective of which is to create goodwill and international understanding. Young adults may choose to participate in international voluntary service opportunities, either humanitarian or vocational, related or unrelated to their chosen field of study or work.
The worldwide Rotary networks of International Service, Vocational Service and Youth Service will open up a number of countries where opportunities will enable you to….
- Improve the lives of others and in doing so enrich your own
- Develop new skills and experience
- Learn about other cultures and practices
- Build a network of like minded friends
The programme focuses on opportunities in the following broad service areas:
- Peace and Conflict Resolution/Prevention
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Economic and Community Development
The programme is open to:
- Young adults between the ages of 18 and 30 who want to help others less fortunate than themselves.
- Students who have just completed their secondary education and who want to do voluntary work in the summer before university or college, or as part of a gap year.
- Those in university or college education and graduates who have time to volunteer during their vacation.
- Young professionals who wish to develop their skills and gain experience within a given vocation, for the benefit of others.